Please read the rules below which apply to all Lakes at Petit Pretre and to all anglers.
- No open fires or BBQ’s allowed at swims
- No Litter at all. Please leave no rubbish on your swim when you leave Please use the bins
provided, separate and bag where necessary your waste as indicated
- No pets allowed
- No boats allowed, except bait boats
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by adults
- Fish only from the designated swims
- Rods must be attended to at all times
- A maximum of three (3) rods per angler
- 15 pound breaking strain line minimum
- Only shop bought bent / curved hooks
- Barbed or Mirco Barbed hooks, size 4 or 6 only
- Shop bought Leaders only, Fox etc
- No Lead Core or Hybrid Leaders
- No Beads above the Leader
- No fixed leads (semi fixed and running only). Safe rigs only
- Inline Leads are allowed with tubing only
- Klinik, or medicarp compulsory
- 42 inch landing net minimum per Angler (no sharing)
- No sacking of fish
- No nut particles of any description
- No Particle, Maize or Sweetcorn (tinned or frozen) Shop bought Hemp is allowed
- No braided main lines except marker rods
- Unhooking mats and weighing slings are provided and must be used
- Please keep the fish wet while unhooking and taking pictures
- Return the fish to water as soon as possible
- Never stand up holding a carp in your hands or arms
- Please contact us anytime, on 0033 662 523 312 if your fish is 50lb+
- Rigs and Line will be checked
- The final decision rests with the owners of Petit Pretre
- The fish must be treated with the utmost care and respect at all times
- Respect the local wildlife and nature. And minimise any noise from phones, radio’s etc.
These rules are not intended to restrict anglers but are designed to ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity of a prize catch, and to ensure the welfare of the fish. We want you to catch Carp in pristine condition and obeying these simple rules helps to ensure that is so. Likewise we want the lakes and the environment to be maintained in good condition for everyone’s enjoyment, so we ask you to ensure that you leave it as you found it.
Arrival and Departure
Please arrive no earlier then 12pm, Midday, on Saturday and vacate your swim by 10am on the day of your departure.
Allocation of Swims
No swim on any of Petit Pretre Lakes can be pre-booked. If more than one party is fishing the same lake then a deadline of 1pm, Saturday. is set for a draw to decide the choice of swims. If any party arrives after 1pm then its first come first served.